A lot of us are trying so hard to get our bodies in shape. We want to lose weight and become healthier.
Sometimes we find things that work for us that might not be very healthy for our bodies. Here are some signs that you may not be losing weight in a healthy way.
- Unusual darkening under the eyes.
- Dry skin.
- No appetite.
- Discolored skin.
- Discolored eyes.
- Unusual dry or brittle nails.
- Mood changes.
- Fluid gain in the body (usually feet or legs).
- Sunken in cheeks.
- Feeling tired all the time.
Other symptoms can occur, but I have found these to be the most common.
How Can You Avoid These Symptoms And Maintain A Healthy Weight Loss?
A few simple changes to your daily routine can help avoid issues like I have listed above.
- Make sure you’re eating enough! 1200 calories a day at minimum.
- Workout or be active at least 30 minutes a day.
- Drink a good protein shake. (I drink Shakeology daily, contact me for more info.)
- Take a multivitamin daily.
- Eat healthy foods. (If you need help with your diet, feel free to contact me.)
- Don’t starve yourself! This doesn’t help you to lose weight, it actually causes the body to store fat.
- Hydrate your body correctly. (Tip: Sometimes when you feel hungry between meals, it’s because your body needs water.)
- If you have trouble sleeping at night try taking Melatonin to help yourself rest well. The body repairs itself while you sleep, so it’s very important.
- If you notice that you have a lot of fluid gain on your stomach, legs or feet (sometimes even your face); see your doctor about getting a diuretic to take once or twice a week.
- Drink at least one electrolyte drink daily.
- Meditation and yoga helps to manage depression and anxiety.
What Products Do I Recommend?
I am a wellness coach so I use several products that I recommend to everyone.
- Energize: My pre-workout drink. I drink this twice daily for a plant based energy that doesn’t effect my heart.
- Hydrate: I mix my hydrate powder in with my Energize to make sure I am getting enough electrolytes and proper hydration during my day. Hydrate works much better than Gatorade or Powerade in my opinion.
- Shakeology: This is by far the best protein shake that you can purchase. We actually refer to this as a “superfood” shake because it feeds your body everything it needs to stay healthy. It comes in several flavors but my favorites are strawberry and chocolate.
- Shakeology Digestive Health: A dose of fiber that helps keep your gut healthy. This is tasteless and meant to be added into your Shakeology shake.
- Collagen: Collagen powder can be added into any drink because it has no flavor. I add this into my shake or Energize. This helps will nail and skin health.
- Women’s One-A-Day: This multivitamin is always my go-to and helps keep my body healthy.
- Spring Valley Extra Strength Hair, Skin, and Nails: I take this vitamin daily to help with my hair growth.
- Beachbody: I use Beachbody to achieve my fitness goals. With over 1200 workouts I have tons of options to keep myself active while in the privacy of my own home.
If you have any questions about anything mentioned in this article, please leave a comment or contact me. I am happy to help. I am also taking new members for my wellness team, I’d love to have you join me!